After 30+ years of teaching people the art and craft of timber framing, we have assembled a couple of timber-framing-tool-kits to get you started. We know that tool selection is very personal. We have picked some of our favorites in terms of overall use, durability and ease of maintenance.
Our Basic Timber Frame Tool Kit is ideal for the individual who does not own many tools and really needs a starter set.
Our Timber Frame Tool Kit Includes the following tools with a 20% discount off of the suggested retail price:
-Silky Zorin Timber Frame Saw
-1-1/2-in Beveled Timber Framing Chisel by Barr or Robert Sorby
- 2-in Beveled Timber Framing Chisel by Barr or Robert Sorby
- 1-7/8-on Japanese Slick
- Lapping Plate
- Wet/Dry Coated Abrasive 1200 grit
- Wet/Dry Coated Abrasive 220 grit
- Wet/Dry Coated Abrasive 120 grit
- Paddle Strop
- Abrasive Powder for Strop
- Wood-is-Good Mallet 30 oz
- 12-in Combination Square (We really like the magnetic feature on the Bora)
- Aluminum Rafter Square (this is not the best tool for the job but it will do; our favorite is the SHINWA Framing Square)
- Pocket Plane by Kunz
- Tape Measure Fat Max 35-ft
- Utility Knife
- Extra-Long Tool Bag
- Veritas MK II Honing Guide
Please be sure to choose either the Barr brand chisel or the Sorby brand chisel for your kit. No other substitutions permitted with this kit pricing.
NOT READY TO BUILD? HOW ABOUT A SHELTER CLASS TO LEARN HOW
NEED LAND? LET US HELP YOU FIND THE PERFECT LOCATION TO BUILD
THINKING ABOUT DOING IT YOURSELF?
WE HAVE A GREAT SELECTION OF HARD TO FIND TOOLS
sign up for our e-newsletter!
Get on the list for exclusive sale events, design tips, and free seminars!