After 30+ years of teaching people the art and craft of timber framing, we have assembled a couple of timber-framing-tool-kits to get you started. We know that tool selection is very personal. We have picked some of our favorite items in terms of overall use, durability and ease of maintenance.
Our Deluxe Timber Frame Tool Kit is ideal for the individual who does not own many tools and really wants to pursue timber framing with all the right tools at hand.
This kit Includes the following tools with a 20% discount off of the suggested retail price:
- Silky Zorin Timber Frame Saw
- 1-1/2-in Beveled Timber Framing Chisel by Barr or Robert Sorby
- 2-in Beveled Timber Framing Chisel by Barr or Robert Sorby
- 1-7/8-on Japanese Slick
- Glass Lapping Plate
- Wet/Dry Coated Abrasive 320 grit
- Wet/Dry Coated Abrasive 120 grit
- Leather Strop
- Abrasive Powder for Strop
- Wood-is-Good Mallet 30 oz
- Starrett 12-in Combination Square
- Stainless Steel Rafter Square by SHINWA
- Tape Measure Fat Max 35-ft
- Utility Knife
- Extra-Long Tool Bag
- Sweetheart Low Angle Block Plane by Stanley
- Stair Gauge Fixtures by Starrett
- Ryoba Hand Saw 300mm Gyokucho
- Bevelled Skew Chisel Set 26 mm
- Saw Bag
- MK II Veritas Honing Guide
Please be sure to choose either the Barr brand chisel or the Sorby brand chisel for your kit. No other substitutions permitted with this kit pricing.
NOT READY TO BUILD? HOW ABOUT A SHELTER CLASS TO LEARN HOW
NEED LAND? LET US HELP YOU FIND THE PERFECT LOCATION TO BUILD
THINKING ABOUT DOING IT YOURSELF?
WE HAVE A GREAT SELECTION OF HARD TO FIND TOOLS
sign up for our e-newsletter!
Get on the list for exclusive sale events, design tips, and free seminars!