Hennin Timber Frame Kits
Most of our Design Build clients choose a custom design for their home or structure, but there are many who want to purchase one of our pre-designed timber frame kits. We can ship these kits to you, if you'd like to raise it yourself, or we can deliver and raise it for you. We can also add individual design elements to these frames to suit your needs.
We employ traditional mortice and tenon joinery tusk tenons, wedged dovetails, scarf joints, pegged half-laps, and bird-mouth joints. Place two or more kits side by side, offset, or add a shed to any face of the structure to vary the roof line. We have created these four cost effective frames to get you started but we are happy to design a structure around your specific needs. Contact us for more details.
Timber Frame Kit Details
- We can build out of nearly any wood species. Prices listed are for Eastern Hemlock or Eastern White Pine. All timbers are planed full dimension unless otherwise specified.
- The panels specified in these kits are 5-1/2-in R-25 wall and 11-1/4-in R-45 roof EPS foam core.
- kits include all pegs and wedges as well as 2-inch tongue and grooce decking on the second floor.
- The timbers are finished with a natural oil that helps to slow the drying process and reduces checking.
- Curved or straight braces are available per your specifications.