We are currently hiring a full-time Store Assistant for our Woolwich, ME team. Shelter Institute is the area’s premier timber framing company and fine woodworking tool store. We have been evolving durable, adaptable, energy-conscious building techniques since 1974.
The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, exceptional organizational ability, and great interpersonal skills. This position entails speaking to customers both in person and on the phone daily. The candidate will also help with store inventory and growing our online store.
· Greet and assist onsite guests
· Answer inbound telephone calls
· Help manage and implement annual sales
· Monitor and tend to inventory when necessary
· Perform all other office tasks
· Previous experience in a brick and mortar store
· Ability to prioritize and multitask
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Experience with Shopify platform preferred
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Strong organizational skills
*Pay is commensurate with experience